ORCKA Basic Canoeing Instructor
This challenging ORCKA course is for those with a desire to teach basic
canoeing skills, typically in a camp or education environment. The course introduces
students to instructional technique and refines tandem and solo basic
paddling skills with emphasis on:
- practical teaching techniques
- practice teaching sessions
- flatwater skill practice and refinement
May 21-25, 2020.
This is a non-residential course that
will be conducted at PMH Outdoors Homeplace at the confluence of the Ottawa
and Mississippi Rivers. .
Bring suitable outdoor clothing for cold, wet and hot weather. You will
also need lunch, supper, beverages and snacks. Feel free to bring any personal equipment
including paddle(s) and PFD that you have. This may help make your
course more enjoyable.
for more information or registration. Students
must be 16 years of age at the time of the course.
Course price is $785.00 per student.
The course registration
- ORCKA Program Manual
- ORCKA 2020 Instructor Membership
- ORCKA Basic Instructor instruction &
- use of PFDs and all regulation safety equipment
- use of canoeing instructional aids
- use of flatwater canoes and paddles
On site camping and a full
meal package is also available for an additional $250.00 plus HST.
Relax while you paddle in style
All prices are in Canadian dollars